A lot of Windows 10, 8/8.1 or Windows 7 users ask where Windows update is stored. Simply, when you are updating the new updates, you may want to see the size of the files, or you may want to delete it also. For this reason, you may want to see the update download location of Windows 10, 8/8.1 or 7. With this in mind. I have made this post to give your clear concept of the Windows update Files.
A reader of TechyPi asked the question on our facebook page, and we wanted to point it in a post. Important to realize when you are using the Windows Computer the update files located in the same directory. Are you ready to get the Windows file location or where it is stored? Let’s discover it.
Where are Windows update Files stored or located?
In general, Windows take the updates for increasing security reasons. At the same time, Microsoft fixes some bugs as well as it keeps the updates to bring newer facilities. So, if you want to keep it updated on the system drive, it stores it. When you want to delete the update files or want to check it, you can do it easily.
- Anyway, Windows saves the update files in this location: C:/Windows/SoftwareDistribution/Download
- Similarly, you will get the update files in Windows 10 in the same path. Though it will look like C:>Windows>SoftwareDistribution>Download
See the below images to get the exact location where saves Windows it updates files in every version.
So when you want to open the download location, go following the path. For example, First, open the C Drive (System Drive), Now Scroll down and find out the Windows File. By the same token, find out the Software Distribution and At last here is the Download File.
If you see no files here, that means the files has been kept as Hidden. For this reason, you have to do the following work.
- First, go the File Explorer
- Now open the View Tab and click on Options. Under options Go to Folder and Search Options.
- Here it will open a new window. Your Duty is checking the Hide Extension From Known File Types.
- Then Go back again to the update Files location in Windows, and you will see that all the updated file is here.
You have successfully got the location of the updated file. That means where it is stored.
Editors Note From TechyPi:
At last, I will tell it is very simple tricks, and if you go the above path, you will find the location of the update files. If you get the article helpful, share it on your favorite social media and express your love. If you need any further assistance, you can ask us in the comment section. All the best wishes.