In Windows 10 Svchost.exe (Service Host) runs in the background and process some critical and efficient operation. Though Windows has not explained the actual works of Svchost.exe (netsvcs), it is sure that it has been created to do something important. But the complain it is taking High CPU usage or Disk resources. Even in some cases, it is nearly 50% to 100%. So, it has become a matter of concentration to save disk space.
So, if you ask me what is the primary work of Svchost.exe? Svchost.exe refers to “Service Host” and In Windows 10 it runs in the background and considered as doing some important issues. If Open Task Manager, you will find a lot of Svchost.exe program which is running as well as taking high CPU usage which is alarming when you are operating the PC and need fast performance.
I have explored a lot of computers which is infected with high CPU usage and when I go into the deeper explanation, I see that Svchost.exe is liable for a slower PC or High Disk resources. In my case, I have resolved the issues Svchost.exe (netsvcs) in several ways. All they are tricky, but effective to reduce high CPC usage. Hopefully, I was pleased to see the performance after the operation.
Why and How Svchost.exe (netsvcs) is taking high CPU or Disk usage?
The computer which is taking high CPU or Disk usage or Memory Leak, the main reasons beyond this are very simple most of the cases. For example,
- The victim computers are infected with Malware or another virus
- At the time of Windows update
- Execution of full Event log file
- Other system files which work at this time
- And Some other reasons
I will try to solve High CPU usage or memory leak problem by Svchost.exe (netsvcs). At the same time, I will help you to resolve the above issues for reducing CPU or Disk resources.
Fix Svchost.exe (netsvcs) – High CPU Usage:
You can fix Svchost.exe (netsvcs) high CPU usage by following some method. I have got good results. You need to follow the below methods. For example, Scan your computer, Disable the service that causes the svchost.exe high CPU usage problem, Empty Event viewer log and Troubleshoot Windows update problems. Let’s talk about details.
Method 1: Scan your computer for viruses
In most of the cases, if your PC is infected with various Malware or other Viruses, you can see Svchost.exe (netsvcs) is taking high CPU or Disk resources. It can corrupt the files in your system. For this reason, it is good practice to scan the whole PC before implementing other methods. If you get the problem here, then other methods of fixing Svchost.exe will be unnecessary.
In this case, use any antivirus or Windows Defender to remove Malware or Viruses. Surely, it can reduce the problem of high CPU usage. Check the CPU or disk usage from the task manager and if it seems development on the CPU or Disk usage, you can skip other methods. On the other hand, if you think you need more concentration on Svchost.exe follows the below methods.
Method 2: Disable the service that causes the “svchost.exe” high CPU usage problem
Svchost.exe (Service Host) runs with the combination of the different services. For example, Remote Procedures Call (RPC) or RPC Endpoint Mapper. So, when you want to save disk or CPU usage, you need to check and find out the services which are the reasons for Svchost.exe and then disable or uninstall them. So the process is-
- First, find out which program is running for Svchost.exe (netsvcs)
- Then Disable or Uninstall them to save CPU resources.
How can you do it?
- First Open Task Manager by Right Clicking on the Taskbar. (You can also access Task Manager by clicking on (Ctlr+Alt+Del).
- Now scroll down to Processes Tab and find Out Service Host. It is all the Service Host or Svchost.exe.
- Go to Details by right-clicking any of the Service Host.
- Here you will find the Svchost.exe. You can see the Memory, Disk or CPU usage here.
- Then Go to Services from any of the Svchost.exe which is taking CPU usage.
- Here you will get the actual program under this Svchost.exe. Here you can find out the function of the Work. Search on Google with the Name of the program. Check the work if it is important or not.
- Now Click on Stop if you think it has no necessity for performing the Computer. [Important: Please check and do the work carefully. Otherwise, keep the backup of your services.]
- Then check the Service host again and repeat the process for stopping the unnecessary Svchost.exe program.
Important to realize, you can also stop the unnecessary program permanently from
Method 3: Empty Event viewer log
When you are using the computer for a long time, your PC will get a large number of Event Viewer Log. It causes the problem on Svchost.exe (netsvcs). So, if you clear the Event Viewer Log file, then you can get the solution. How will you do that? Just follow the below step.
- Open RUN first by pressing Windows Key + R. (You can also open it by searching it on the Windows Start Menu Search or Taskbar Search)
- Type eventvwr and Hit Enter to open Event Viewer.
- Now go to Windows Logs and Explore It.
- Now Right Click on the Applications and go to Clear Log.
- Then again, do the same task (Clear Log) on the other programs including Security, setup, system, Forwarded Events.
- After all, Restart The Computer.
Now, check the Svchost.exe and surely, it will not take high CPU or Disk Usage anymore.
Method 4: Troubleshoot Windows Update problems
In some cases, Windows Svchost.exe (netsvcs) takes high CPU usage or Disk resources when Windows do the updating process or search for auto-update. For this reason, if you turn off or disable Windows update or do it manually, you can stay safe. To explain, do the below process to reduce and solve Svchost.exe.
i) Delete Windows Update Folder and Recreate another
Sometimes, Windows Update Folder which is mainly SoftwareDistribution can be the cause of High CPU usage. If it is corrupted anyhow, it can misbehave to update the Windows which can make the problem on Svchost.exe. For this reason, if you can delete the folder and recreate it, the problem can be solved. With this in mind, You will delete the SoftwareDistribution folder now and recreate another. (Important: THe SoftwareDistribution will be recreated again when the next updates will be available. So you have no tension to delete it.)
- Firstly, Open the RUN by pressing Windows Key + R. (You can also get it by searching on the taskbar search or Windows Start Menu search)
- Now open local services by typing and Hit Enter.
- Scroll down now and find out the Windows update. Right Click here and click on Stop.
- Then again go to “C:Windows” in this location.
- Find out “SoftwareDistribution” folder and delete it. If needs to provide Administrative permission, do it.
- Here Restart the PC and see the results.
Surely, you can get the solution of Svchost.exe (netsvcs) problem on Windows 10, 8 or 7.
You can also follow the below points if you think, you need more confirmation on Svchost.exe.
- Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Install the latest version of Windows Update Agent
- Install the critical Microsoft Security Bulletin MS13-097
- Fix Windows Corrupted System files by using DISM
Need More Help?
Finally, you have solved Svchost.exe (netsvcs) – High CPU or Disk Usage. It is very necessary to save the Disk or CPU space to make the computer fast. I think you can realize the matter when you will complete all the above process for fixing Svchost.exe (Service Host).
Anyway, if you get the article helpful, express your love by sharing it on your favorite social media. At the same time, if you think you need more help, you can share the comment section. All the best wishes.