Do you know How to Restore Missing Desktop Icons in Windows 10, 8, 8.1 or Windows 7? Sometimes, some essential desktop icons may disappear. Hopefully, you have removed the icons, or it has gone with the sleep of your minds. For this reason, a lot of readers ask us, Where is the missing My Computer/This PC (Windows 10) or Recycle Bin Icons in My Computer Desktop. Let’s restore the disappeared desktop icons in Windows computer.
Simply, Windows keeps some most necessary icons including My Computer (This PC), Network, Recycle Bin or users icon in the desktop as default preview. On the other hand, most of the software keeps your permission to keep a shortcut icon on the desktop to run it quickly. So we keep the most used icons on the desktop to access it easily. But sometimes, you may see it disappeared. The problem shows the big question when This PC or My Computer or Recycle Bin goes missing on the desktop.
With this in mind, we will learn in this tutorial how you can restore the missing icons as like the default. Are you ready to get it? Let’s learn how can you restore the missing desktop icons on your Windows computer.
Note: The Methods will work for any versions of your Windows including Windows 10, 8/8.1 or Windows 7.
Restore Missing Desktop Icons in Windows 7, 8, or 10:
Yes! If you change the configuration, it will come back again all the missing desktop icons in Windows 10, 8/8.1 or Windows 7. Follow the below steps to appear the icons again.
01) First, go to desktop and right click in the empty area. It will open a window and here you will Personalize icon. In the previous version of Windows including 7, you will find the next page by going to the directory (Control Panel<All Control Items<Personalization)
02) Now it will open the Essential User Interface Setting Page. Here you will see the Themes Setting Options. Click Here.
03) Now in the right sidebar of the page see the “Desktop Icon Setting” and click here. (All the Windows version, you will get this icon in the left of Right side, In Windows 10 it stays in the right Sidebar under Themes)
04) Now it will open a new window. Here you will find all the default desktop icons including This PC, Network, Recycle Bin, Control Panel and User Panel. Mark (Tick) the icons you want to restore again. Even you can change the icon or restore it again as the default. Make sure you have checked the “Allow Themes to change the Desktop Icons.” Now click Apply. It will restore all the necessary missing desktop icons in Windows again.
05) Now check on your desktop and see you have got the desktop icons back.
Significantly, you have restored the missing desktop icons in your Windows PC. Now you can enjoy it again.
Editors Note From TechyPi:
Finally, you have got backed the default desktop icons again in your Windows 10, 7, 8/8.1 PC. For better understanding follow the screenshot.
If you think the article is helpful, express your love by sharing it on your favorite social media. Never hesitate to make a comment for further assistance. All the best wishes.