Whenever you are not doing any work with the File extensions, you do not need to show it. You can hide File Extension then. As like you enabled the show File Extension in Windows, you can hide with the same process. That means you will work with the Folder options and view tab.
Generally, when you need to know the file extension for identifying the file type, you enabled it. At the same time, if you do not need the file extension, you can disable it. The difference in one tick. If you turn on, it will not show the File Extension in Windows. On the other hand, if you turn off the file extension, it will not show it again.
So what will you do, it is your decisions. Let’s see how you can hide file extension in Windows.
How to Hide File Extension in Windows 10, 8 or 7:
For hiding file extension you can work with the two process, Both the process works in Windows 10 and 8. But in the earlier versions of Windows will not work the first methods. For this reason, we will work with another way.
How to hide File extension in Windows 7 or previous versions:
When you want to hide the file extension in Windows, you need to flow the below process.
- Firstly, go to Windows Explorer and see the options/Tools area.
- Now go to Folder and search options.
- Click on the view tab for hiding the File extensions.
- Now find out the Hide extensions for known file types and check (Tick) it.
- Yes! It will hide all types of File Extensions in your Computer.
I think you have realized the method. It’s straightforward and quick tips for you.
The process will work both in Windows 10, 8 or 7. On the other hand, you can do another method in Windows 10 or 8. Let’s see how you can hide file extensions from This PC.
- First, go to This PC from the desktop and then click on View Tab.
- Then you will see File Name Extensions. You have to uncheck the tick. It will disable the File extensions.
- I think you have done it successfully.
- Now check any types of file, and you will see the name without the File extensions.
You have successfully disabled File Extensions in Windows. With the same process, you can also show or change the file extensions again.
Editor’s Note From TechyPi:
Finally, you can hide the file extensions, and you can do it within seconds. If you think you need the File Extensions, you can again turn it on.
If you get the article helpful, express your love by sharing it, and if needs any further assistance, you can ask us for the comment section. All the best wishes.