Are you facing TiWorker.exe high disk usage in Windows 10, 8 or 7? This is a common problem for every Windows Operating system users. TiWorker.exe which is also known as Windows Modules Installer Worker is a built-in component in Windows and it works for Windows updates or modules. For this reason, it creates high CPU or disk usage in the processor. In some cases, TiWorker.exe is responsible to use 100% of disk space instead of 30%-50% which is very high and in this post, we will learn about the solution of the issues of TiWorker.exe.
What is TiWorker.exe?
TiWorker.exe is an important component of Windows Update Service. It works with the startup of the Computer and it performs the process in the background. In general, TiWorker refers to checking and controlling Windows updates and informing Windows Modules Installer working. Significantly, TiWorker.exe is essential for Windows, but in several cases, it takes high CPU and Disk resources. For this reason, you need the concentration to resolve the issues and troubleshooting for TiWorker.exe.
How TiWorker.exe using High Disk or CPU Resources?
When Windows is taking the update it works with new Patch file and it brings the new upgrade in the different system file and even adds some new files. For this reason, it may use High Disk or CPU at the time of update. But it natural. Sometimes, it takes high CPU which disturb to work normal work. In this case, you can resolve the issues by doing the below process.
Notably, when the updating process will finish it will stop to use the CPU or Disk. But if you see, TiWorker.exe is also wasting the Disk space or CPU, you can then minimize the functions to free up some resources. I will show you the appropriate solution for resolving the TiWorker.exe.
Fix TiWorker.exe – High Disk Usage in Windows 10, 8 or 7:
Important to realize, some of the users recommend you to stop the TiWorker.exe to fix the issues, but most of the cases, it is not good. The update windows provide us is important for security and bug fixing issues. It makes the system fast and at the same time, it brings new hope in your operating system. So, I will recommend keeping it running. Just do the below process to reduce the Disk Space and CPU usage.
Tips 1: Scan The PC
Sometimes, Virus and Malware cause issue on your PC. It can infect some files which can take high CPU or Disk usage in Windows 10 or 8/7. For this reason, TiWorker.exe can show unhealthy behavior. In this case, you should scan the computer and check if there has any virus. Before doing any of the below troubleshoot, you should ensure full scanning. After fixing the infected program, then check if it is taking High CPU or Disk space. If not the TiWorker.exe is working naturally.
Tips 2: Install All available Updates
To point out, some missing updates can cause unhealthy behavior in the TiWorker.exe. For this reason, ensure you have downloaded all the latest update in the Windows 10, 8/8.1. How will you do it?
For Windows 10:
- Open Setting from Windows Start button or taskbar search.
- Now go to Update and Security.
- Check here if it is showing All the files are Up To Date. Otherwise, click on Check for Updates.
- If you get any available updates, ensure you have updated it.
Now check the CPU or Disk usage with TiWorker.exe. Surely, it will solve the problem and the process will be normal.
For Windows 8/8.1/7:
- First, open RUN by pressing Windows Key + R.
- and type wuapp.exe to open the update options and checking the available updates.
- Now click on update options and check TiWorker is working naturally.
Surely, you will be able to solve the problem of TiWorker.exe now.
Tips 3: Decrease TiWorker process priority
You can set the TiWorker.exe process priority low to give less importance here. It will increase the performance and reduce High CPU or Disk usage. How will you do it?
- Open Task Manager by right-clicking on the Taskbar. (You can also open Task Manager by Clicking Ctrl+Shift+Esc)
- Now go for More Details.
- Then again go to Details Tab.
- Now scroll down and find out TiWorker.exe and right click on it. It will show you Priority and click on Low.
- At this point, check the performance, if it performs fine, then continue it. Otherwise, check for next solution.
Surely, it works as it select low priority on TiWorker.exe and you can get the most available solution.
Tips 4: Scan and Fix Corrupted System Files and Services (SFC)
Sometimes, Corrupted system files and services (SFC) can occur high CPU and Disk usage in Windows 10, 8 or 7. In this case, if you find out them by scan and fix them, it can develop the system performance and TiWorker.exe. How can you do it?
- First Open the Command Prompt as Administrators. (You can do it by searching cmd on the Taskbar search and right-clicking on it)
- SFC /SCANNOW and press Enter. It will take some moments to scan the PC and stop doing anything when checking the files.
- Now restart the PC and check the TiWorker.exe is working fine.
- If yes! Then you have done the process efficiently.
At this point, you will get the major issues solved with System Files and Services (SFC).
Tips 5: Delete the SoftwareDistribution folder
Software Distribution Folder which is the main folder where the updates of the Windows operating system stores. Sometimes, it can be infected with Malware or it can be corrupted. For this reason, if you force Windows to stop it and delete the folder. Notably. when you the new updates will come it will create the folder again or when you will start the Windows Update again it will create the folder. So the process is.
- First, open the RUN by pressing Windows Key + R. You will also get RUN by searching on the Taskbar search.
- Now write the below command to open the Windows local Service window.
- Then scroll down and find out Windows update. Right click on it and press Stop. (I have stopped it before if you stopped Windows Update before it will not work and then skip the point)
- Now you need to delete the Software Distribution Folder. For doing this go to C:\Windows.
- Scroll Down and you will get the Software Distribution Folder. Now delete it by right Click. It may take the administrator permission. Click Yes. (NO matter. The new Software Distribution Folder will be recreated again before the next update. But if you delete it, your folder will be safe from infected)
- Now Restart Your PC and check the TiWorker.exe issues. Surely, it can solve the high CPU or disk usage.
I have seen to work the methods on various PC. So, you can apply it also to reducing the Disk space.
Tips 6: USE DISM To Stop Windows corruption errors
If you are watching the TiWorker.exe problem, then need to try DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tool. For working with it do the below process.
- Open Command Prompt As Administrators by searching on the Windows search.
- Now write the below command to work with the DISM tool.
Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth
- Now Hit Enter and wait for sometimes to complete the process.
- At this point, restart the PC and see the TiWorker.exe issues have been solved.
Yes! Now you can save data or space for TiWorker.exe issues.
Tips 7: Run System Maintenance & Windows Update troubleshooters
It is an automatic Process from Windows. If your PC behaves anything unnatural, then it works. You can check the PC and if here stays any problem Windows will detect it after running the troubleshooters. Let’s see how will it work.
- Open the Control Panel First by searching on the Taskbar or Windows search.
- Now open troubleshooting. (You can also go on the troubleshooting by directory searching Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting) (If you do not get troubleshooting, you can do the icon size small)
- Now click on View All from the left panel.
- Double Click on System Maintenance.
- At this point, a new window will open and click on Next.
- Now click on Try Troubleshooting as Administrators.
- Take some time and check if there have any issues. Windows will detect and solve itself.
- Now go back to your regular work and be sure TiWorker.exe is now not an issue.
You have successfully solved all the issues with TiWorker.exe. Hope you will enjoy using the Windows 10, 8/8.1 or 7 operating system now.
Tips 8: Turn Off Windows Auto Update
At this point, I will tell to turn off Windows Auto Update. (Though it is not recommended. Windows update is helpful for security and bug fixing) If you do not want to get an update and pleased with the recent functions, then turn off Windows Auto Update. How can you do it? You need to turn off or disabled two services including Windows Modules Installer (TrustedInstaller) and Windows Update (wuauserv)
- Open RUN by pressing Windows Key + R or by typing RUN on taskbar search.
- Now find out Windows Modules Installer (TrustedInstaller) by scroll down and double-click on it.
- It will open a new Window. From here disable the startup type and press Apply.
Surely, it will stop all the issues of TiWorker.exe problem and you will not get any problem anymore for high CPC or Disk usage.
Faqs About TiWorker.exe:
Sometimes, some questions come to our mind regarding TiWorker.exe in Windows 10, 8/8.1 or Windows 7.
Can I disable the TiWorker.exe?
-Someone will recommend to disable it. But TiWorker.exe is for windows update. So it is necessary. I will recommend to keep it and for the solution, do the above process.
Is TiWorker.exe is a virus?
-Absolutely not! It is a component of Windows Operating system to maintain the Windows update. It helps to monitor and check the Windows update. If you think Malware or Virus is staying on your PC, then scan the system. But TiWorker is not a virus.
Need More Help?
At last, I am at the finishing point. I think you have got the solution to TiWorker.exe High Disk Usage in Windows 10, 8 or 7. It will be really helpful for you.
At the same time, if you get the article helpful, express your love by sharing it on your favorite social media. On the other hand, if you need more help, inform us from the comment section. All the best wishes.