Are you getting the error MSVCR120.dll is missing in Windows? In general, you will get the error when trying to load games or installing other essential programs in the Windows. It is the hope that missing the MSVCR120.dll is a very common scenario in windows. When you want to solve the problem you need to reinstall the dll file or you can solve the issues in some other ways.
What is MSVCR120.dll in Windows?
MSVCR120.dll is a file which is required when running any program for extracting essential resources in Windows. Mainly, it is C++ library. For this reason, when you are opening any program with C++ programming language it needs the MSVCR120.dll library. Must be remembered, the games or program which is built in C++ language MSVCR120.dll file is necessary. With this in mind, when you are opening or running or installing a C++ program without the MSVCR120.dll file, it is showing MSVCR120.dll is missing.
Though you can solve the problem very easily and quickly. You have to make sure MSVCR120.dll file in your operating system. To do it you need to follow the below methods. Important to realize, if you follow any of the methods from the below, you can solve it. So, apply only one method to solve missing MSVCR120.dll in Windows Operating system. I have discussed the method of MSVCR110.dll is missing and MSVCR100.dll is missing in the previous post. You can also check it.
What is the Main Problem for the absence of MSVCR120.dll?
When MSVCR120.dll is disappearing from the Windows operating system, can’t install the files or program are which is coded in C++. At the same time, you can’t open any existing program or games which the MSVCR120.dll file. For this reason, we can tell…
- MSVCR120.dll is necessary when installing any program with C++ language.
- It is necessary to run any program with C++ programming language without the missing of MSVCR120.dll
If you want to solve the problem you need to make available the MSVCR120.dll file in your operating system.
How to solve missing of the MSVCR120.dll file?
You can solve the missing of the MSVCR120.dll by making it available on your PC. How can you do it? Follow the below any one method.
- Reinstall the MSVCR120.dll in your System
- Reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
- Reinstall The program
- Scan your PC
- Take help of Windows File Checker
Method 1: Reinstall the MSVCR120.dll in the System
It is the easiest ways to solve the MSVCR120.dll missing problem in Windows. In this way, you need to install the MSVCR120.dll file in the system file. But where will you get the file? Yes! you can download it from the internet and I will show you the process.
At the same time, you will reinstall the MSVCR120.dll in the system 32 location in your Windows system drive. Let’s see how you can do it.
- First, install the MSVCR120.dll file from here. (See the below screenshot)
Note: Make sure you have download 32 bit or 64 bit according to your system configuration. If your operating system is 64 bit then download 64 bit and if 32 bit then download 32 bit. You can check the system info from cmd and typing systeminfo.
- Now Extract the file and copy and paste it into the system 32 location. (C:\Windows\System32)
- It will need to provide administrators permission, give it.
- Now restart the PC and check the program or games you are installing or running.
- It will work fine now without the problem of MSVCR120.dll is missing.
Yes! You have successfully reinstall the MSVCR120.dll and it will work now fine.
Method 2: Reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
I have told you before MSVCR120.dll is a file from Visual C++ Redistributable Packages. It belongs to Visual Studio 2013. As MSVCR120.dll is missing in your current package, you can download the package again and install it to skip the missing problem of MSVCR120.dll. You will get the file on the Microsoft website for free.
Note: Always use the Microsoft website, as it is trusted and skip the unauthorized website to stay safe from virus.
So how to download and install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages to solve MSVCR120.dll is missing. Follow the below process.
- First Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages from the Microsoft website.
- Now click which bit (32/64) Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 you needed according to your computer configuration. If your PC is 64 bit, then download the 64-bit package and if 32 bit then download 32-bit package.
- Now go to next and it will start to download automatically.
- After downloading double click on the vcredist_×64.exe file and follow the instructions.
- Go to next and finish installing.
- Now restart the PC and see the problem of MSVCR120.dll is missing.
I think you solved the problem and it is the most efficient method of solving the missing problem of MSVCR120.dll in windows.
Method 3: Reinstall The program Again
Sometimes it works. For some reasons your installing path may be corrupt and for this reason, if you uninstall the program and reinstall it, you can get the solution to missing the MSVCR120.dll file. How can you do it?
- Open RUN first and you can do it by clicking Windows Key + R or open command prompt (cmd) and type run.
- Now type
- Now select the file which is showing missing MSVCR120.dll error and uninstall it. For example, you are showing the error message in Bluestacks. So select it first and right-click on it and hit uninstall. You can also uninstall the program from the right side of the panel.
- Follow the instructions and uninstall it.
- At this point, reinstall the program carefully and notably, you will not get the missing issues in MSVCR.dll file.
You have successfully solved the issues of missing the MSVCR.dll in Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.
Method 4: Scan your PC with Anti-virus
It is true, the virus in your PC can stop the program to work the dll file. In many areas, the virus makes it stopped. Even the Windows Defender can’t solve the problem itself most of the time. For this reason, you need to scan your PC with some renowned anti-virus including Avast or Norton free Anti-virus. It can solve the problem. So, what will you do?
- First, install a good anti-virus.
- Then Scan the whole PC including the system drive and file.
- If you get an infected file and fix it.
- Then restart the PC and run or install the program again.
Yes! It is not showing the missing of MSVCR.dll now. That means, your system was infected with malware or trojan and when you have removed them it starts to work again.
Method 5: Take help of Windows File Checker and Scan
It is a built-in feature of Windows to check the corrupted or missing files. For this reason, you can diagnose the issues of MSVCR.dll here. If it is missing or corrupted. Then you can take the decision to fix the problem.
It will check the entire PC and diagnose the missing and corrupted file including dll and will provide the next step you need to do. How can you do it?
- First, open the command prompt by typing cmd on RUN.
- Now right click on the Command Prompt and run it as administrator.
- Now type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to start scanning.
- At this point, it will take sometimes and you need to wait.
- After finishing it 100% you need to solve the issues what it is showing and absolutely it will solve the problem.
I think you have solved the problem of MSVCR.dll is missing in your windows PC. Not to mention, it will work in the Windows 10, 8/8.1 and Windows 7 PC and when you will get the solution after restarting the PC, you have no need to follow the next method.
Editor’s Note From TechyPi:
Finally, I think you have solved the missing scenario of MSVCR.dll into your Windows PC. It is simple and common issues. I hope you will get the desired solution from the first or second method. I have described all the method to provide you 100%.
If you get the article helpful, express your love by sharing it on the social media. At the same time, if you need any further quires you can ask us for the comment section. All the best wishes.