Whenever you are facing the problem of MSVCR100.dll is missing Error in Windows 10, 8/8.1 or 7, it will stop to run or open some programs with C++ programming language. Programs need the DLL file always to perform it on your computer, but when it shows the missing of the DLL file, it gives the error or not fount the DLL file message. With this in mind, MSVCR100.dll is the same type of error when your system can’t find the file.
What is MSVCR100.dll in Windows?
In general, MSVCR100.dll is system file of C++ programming language. That means it is C++ library. When you want to run any file or program of C++ language, you need MSVCR100.dll. If it shows disappearing from your PC or it can’t find the MSVCR100.dll file, you need to reinstall it. So, MSVCR100.dll missing from your PC means maybe it has been removed or corrupted. It refers to system can’t find a necessary file to run or install C++ program on your PC. With this in mind, you need to make it available. It will show error in some programs. For example.
- When the operating system is showing MSVCR100.dll missing (Not found), it can’t open the files which are built with C++ language.
- The file will C++ programming language will not work on your PC.
So, the primary duty of you is making available of the MSVCR100.dll file and then it will function and will not show the error.
What is the Main Problem for the absence of MSVCR100.dll?
The main problem of missing MSVCR100.dll is- maybe the file is removed/corrupted or infected with malware. At the same time, you can delete it accidentally. So, the main fact is the operating system is not finding the MSVCR100.dll file. For this reason, it can’t open the files with C++ language. The games or program which is coded with C++, it will show the error. So, it will show…
- The program or games with C++ can’t be opened and
- The program will not work correctly in the absence of MSVCR100.dll
In this case, you need to fix the issues and I will show you how can you do it. I have shown you the solution of MSVCR110.dll is missing and MSVCR120.dll is missing in the previous post. The work is same just need the MSVCR100 file in your system.
Solve The MSVCR100.dll Is Missing Error in Windows:
When you want to solve MSVCR100.dll missing or Not Found Error, you need to follow the below methods. Important to realize, when you will get the solution, you have no need to follow the other ways.
1) Copy the msvcr110.dll file
As the MSVCR100.dll file is missing from the system, you can download it from any trusted place and then you can upload it to the system 32 location. It will surely solve the issues. In this case, you need to download the MSVCR110.dll file. When the system will get the file, then it will not show any error. So the process is.
- First Download the file from here. (32 bit and 64 bit). When your PC is 32 bit then download 86 bit file and when your operating system is 64 bit then go with 64-bit DLL file.)
- Now extract the file and paste it into the system location. (C:\Windows\System32).
- At this point, restart the PC and see all the programs and games with C++ language is running so fine.
Yes! The Problem is solved and you can now easily run any program or games on your PC without the missing MSVCR110 file issues.
2) Install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2010 Update
The most efficient and reliable way to solve MSVCR100.dll is missing issues is installing the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2010 Update. As it is the main C++ language package for Windows, it will restore the MSVCR100.dll file again. With this in mind, you can easily set it up for Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2010 Update and can run the program or games without the missing error. How can you do it?
Note: Always download the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2010 Update file from the verified Microsoft website, otherwise it can stay the malware or the file can be infected with the virus.
- First, download the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2010 Update file from Microsoft.
- For downloading it go to next by selecting the bit of your operating system. If the operating system is 64 bit, then download the 64-bit file and when your operating system is 32/86 bit, go with 86 bit.
- Now double click on the file and follow the instructions.
- You have successfully installed the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2010 Update file in your OS.
- Then again Restart the PC and check the MSVCR100.dll file.
Surely, it will make the MSVCR100.dll file available and you can easily run the program or games with C++ language.
3) Restore msvcr110.dll from the Recycle Bin
Sometimes, you may remove the MSVCR100.dll file mistakenly. If it happens you can restore it from the Recycle Bin. For getting the file back follow the below process.
- First, open Recycle Bin and check if there is the MSVCR100.dll file. If you see the file is here.
- Then Right Click on the file and select Restore.
- Yes! It will restore the file again on the PC.
Now, if you run the program or games again, it will open it smoothly.
4) Reinstall the program
In some cases, the installing program may be corrupted or it can be solved by reinstalling it. Though if you install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2010 Update file and if it is not working, then Redownload the file and install again. Surely, it will work. That means the process of ensuring the solution of MSVCR100.dll is missing…
- Firstly, download and install the MSVCR100.dll file.
- Now redownload the program and install it.
Surely, it will work on your PC and the program or games will open correctly.
5) Run a virus/malware scan of your entire system
Sometimes, the virus on the system can make the problem of missing the MSVCR100.dll file in Windows 10, 8/8.1 or 7. It this case, you need to run a full scan of your PC and fix the problem if it shows like that. Then again restart the Computer and surely, it will make the MSVCR100.dll available on your PC or you can become sure what is the reasons for showing MSVCR100.dll file is not working. Then take decisions, if it needs to install the file again or the existing one will work.
6) System Restore to undo recent system changes
Surprisingly, you can mode or delete the MSVCR100.dll file from another folder or drive. For this reason, if it happens in your recent work, you can Undo the file. For this reason, you need press Ctrl+Z or right click on the empty place and click on Undo. It will back the file again in the system. Check manually and surely, it will work for you for fixing disappearing the MSVCR100.dll file.
7) Install available Windows updates
When you are not downloading the recent updates, some essential file may not appear. Maybe the file will be available or work after the existing Windows update. For this reason, make sure you are installing the latest updates and check if the files are working or appearing in the System 32 folder. Sometimes, the methods work.
8) Repair your installation of Windows
Windows has a built-in feature to repair the Windows and it will keep all the files of you, but will update the changes or will give you back the missing files from the operating system. At the same time, it will give you a fast and handy users experience. For this reason, if you are getting the solution of MSVCR100.dll files, try to repair the installation of Windows.
9) Run Windows File Checking and Scan
When you are still getting the problem, then you can check the Windows file with Command Prompt. It will diagnose the system and it will bring the file back again. For this reason, you need to follow the below work.
- First, open Command Prompt by typing cmd as Administrators.
- Now type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to start scanning.
- Here, it will take some moments to scan the system and then it will give you a report.
- After finishing full checking, it will show the results and work following the process.
It will help you to find out the process and surely, it will bring out the reasons or the solution of missing files including MSVCR100.dll.
10) Troubleshoot Hardware Problem (Memory and Hard Drive)
If all the above process is not working for you, then the only solution is checking the hardware problem. The memory or hard drive may not work or can be corrupted also. Anyway, take help from an expert to solve the hardware problem or it may need to update the system. In this way, you can surely get the solution of MSVCR100.dll missing.
Need More Help?
Finally, I am at the finishing point. I can assure you if you follow the first two steps you will surely get the solution. It is my experience. But if your system is not working yet or showing the MSVCR100.dll is missing, then try the methods one after one. Surely, you will get your desired solution.
Notably, if you get the article helpful, share it on your favorite social media and for further needs, ask from the comment section. All the best wishes.