ERR_CONNECTION_RESET is a common error in Google Chrome when you are trying to visit any website and it is unable to establish the connection. The problem will prevent to load certain website when other can work fine. It can cause for the different reasons. For example, Registry or Network Changes, DNS Server Error and Corrupted connection. In detail, it shows the message, “This website is not available The connection to google.com was interrupted. Error 101 (net:: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The Connection was reset.” You can fix the issues if you follow some special methods and it is very straightforward.
In general, The Error indicates the failure of the connection in Google Chrome browser. That means you need to fix the internet connection and checking if the internet connection is misconfigured. Besides, you can see the issues when the connection fails to connect to the DNS server and can’t translate the websites. I will show you particular methods to solve the Reset Connection Error as like ‘ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED’.
The Reasons for ERR_CONNECTION_RESET:
The most probable reasons for the error is.
- Misconfigured Internet Connection
- Failure to Connect the Internet Adress
- Registry files Error
- Network changes
- Low-Speed connection with the large webpage.
- If blocks the URL your ISP or Firewall
Considering the reasons for Error Connection, we will try to solve the issues.
Fix: ‘ERR_CONNECTION_RESET’ in Google Chrome
As the error occurs on the website when you are going one page to another, so it needs to take care the issues first. Let’s see how can you solve.
Solution 1: Clearing Browsers Cache
If your browser keeps the page as unhealthy or as corrupted or infected on the Cache. For this reason, you need to clear the cache of the browser.
- Go to Settings in the Google Chrome browser from the top corner and right side.
- Now click on Advanced Settings.
- Click on Clear Browser Data.
- It will open a new window and click on Clear Data.
It will clear all types of Cache, Cookies, data, and history from the browser. If you visit the webpage now, it can be solved. If not then follow the next solution.
Solution 2: Setup MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit)
When the internet setting is not configured properly, then you can setup your active network with the existing name to start MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit). To do this follow the below steps.
- Open Network Connections by pressing Windows Key + R and typing “ncpa.cpl”
- Now check what is the Name of your Active Network Connection. I am using Ethernet cable and name of the network is “Network.” Write down it in any place or remind.
- Then again, open Command Prompt as Admin from the Taskbar search or Start Menu search.
- Now type the below command and Hit Enter. Important: Replace the name of the network name with your Internet Network name.
netsh interface IPv4 set subinterface “Name of the Network Connection 4” mtu=1472 store=persitent
- At last, close the window and Restart the PC.
You can check the website (Web page) in your browser now and hopefully, the problem is solved.
Solution 3: Check by disabling Anti-virus
Sometimes, Anti-virus prevents to visit the webpage in your browser for detecting any infected, not verified or outdated files. In this case, you should check if it is causing any error issues by disabling the Anti-virus for sometimes. You can easily do it from the setting of your used Anti-Virus. On the other hand, you can reactive it when your work is finished.
Solution 4: By Netsh Winsock Reset Command
Winsock command resets the IP and other misconfigured on the DNS. For this reason, it helps to repair the error.
- First, Open Command Prompt as Admin from windows or taskbar search. Right-Click to open it as Administrators.
- Now type below command one by one. It will reset the IP or DNS.
ipconfig /flushdns nbtstat –r netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset
- Close the Window and Restart the PC.
It can solve the issues of ERR_CONNECTION_RESET.
Solution 5: Disable Proxy
In some cases, proxy settings in your browser can prevent to open any webpage. So, if you disable proxy the error can be solved.
- Open Network Connections by typing “inetcpl.cpl” on the RUN. (Press Windows Key + R to open RUN)
- Go to Connections and click on LAN Settings.
- Now uncheck the options Use a proxy server for your LAN.
- Click OK and close the Tab.
Now visit the webpage from the browsers and check if the problem is fixed in Windows 10, 8 or 7 Devices.
Solution 6: Reset Browser Settings
When you reset the browser, you can solve the issues as well. The process is very easy. For resetting the browser settings, follow the below step.
- Visit “chrome://flags/” in your browser and Press Enter.
- Now click Reset All to Default to reset browser settings.
If you browse the webpage now, it will work now.
Solution 7: Uninstall Web Filtering Apps
Sometimes, if you use web filtering apps it can prevent your desired webpage. For this reason, it is good practice to uninstall it. At the same time, Firewall in your computer can also prevent visiting the web page on your computer. So, you need to check the Firewall settings if any website is blocking it.
Solution 8: Update Chrome
Are you using the latest version of Google Chrome? An outdated browser can stop visiting any webpage. For this reason, you need to ensure your browser is up to date. You can check it from the settings of the browser. Then expand the settings and go to About Chrome. If the browser is not up to date, it will start to update automatically. So, you do not need to anything manually.
Need More Help?
Finally, you have solved the ‘ERR_CONNECTION_RESET’ error in Google Chrome for Windows 10, 8 or 7, Mac OS, Android, and Linux. You will get the error anymore for the lifetime.
If you get the article helpful, express your love by sharing it on your favorite social media. At the same time, if you need any further assistance, you can inform from the comment section. All the best wishes.