Dns_Probe_Finished_No_Internet or DNS Probe Finished No Internet Error is a very common issue in Google Chrome. Sometimes it will confuse you and you won’t get the solution quickly. In general, the problem is on the DNS server. For this reason, it can’t load perfectly. With this in mind, if you change the DNS address or fix it, you can get the solution. In some cases, it needs some other fixes. I will try to give you the complete guideline for fixing DNS Probe Finished No Internet in this tutorial.
In particular, DNS (Domain Name Server) is the server which converts the websites name into internet address. So, if your system shows the problem here, you can’t load the website. In reality, Dns_Probe_Finished_No_ Internet can also happen when it gets the misconfigured internet connection or WiFi Router issues. At the same time, the outdated web browser in Windows 10, 8 or 7 computer can also prevent to load the website with the same types of error.
Reasons for Dns_Probe_Finished_No_Internet error:
Most of the cases, the error is appeared for a lot of reasons, though the probable issues are.
- Misconfigured WiFi Connection
- DNS Server Error issues
- Outdated Chrome Browser
- DNS Cache Load Fails
- Block from the Firewall or Antivirus
It is no matter why your browser is showing this DNS Probe Finished No Internet Error, the solution is nearly same. So, follow the below steps to get the permanent solution.
Fix ‘DNS Probe Finished No Internet’ Error:
When you are facing the problem most often you need to fix it and if you follow the below methods you can surely solve the issues permanently in Windows 10, 8, 7, Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS.
Solution 1: Change DNS Address into Google or public Open DNS Address
The error is mainly on the domain name server. The DNS you are using is not working correctly. With this in mind, if you change it with a most reliable public DNS including Google DNS or Open DNS, you will get the solution within Seconds. Let’s talk how can you do it.
- Open Control Panel First. Then go to Internet Options. [You will find the Internet Options from the list when the filtering process is Large Icons]
- It will open a new window. From here click on Connections from Internet Properties.
- Now click on LAN Settings.
- Keep the Automatically Deselect Settings as checked and rest of the two options will be deselected as default including “Use Automatic Configuration Script and Use a Proxy Server for your LAN.”
- Click on OK and close the window.
Now Launch the browser and visit the website again. Surely, it will work for you now.
Solution 2: Flush Or Renew ipconfig
In some cases, if you renew the Flush DNS with ipconfig, it gets the solution of “Dns_Probe_Finished_No_ Internet”. Let’s check how can you do it.
- First Open Command Prompt as Administrators from Windows Taskbar search or Start Menu search by typing cmd.
- Now type the below code to flush the DNS.
ipconfig /release ipconfig /all ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew
- Now close Command Prompt and Restart the Computer.
Surely, it will fix the DNS Probe Finished No Internet Error.
Solution 3: Clear Cache or History
Cache is the small files from your browsing data and History is the complete browsing history. Google Chrome saves it for increasing users experience. But when you are keeping all the data for a long time, you need to remove it. Because it can keep some corrupted and infected files as well. You need to follow the below easiest methods to clear Cache or History.
- Go to Settings in Google Chrome from three dots of the right corner.
- Now click on Advanced options.
- Again, Click on Clear Browsing Data (Clear History, Cookies, Cache, And More)
- A new window will open and you have to click on Clear Data from here. Check if all the essentials options are checked and Time Range is All Time.
- Now Restart the Browser and check the website again.
Maybe you will get the solution after doing this.
Solution 4: Update Driver Software and Google Chrome
If you your Network Driver is outdated then you can get the solution by updating it. For updating the driver you need to follow the below steps.
- Go to Device Manager first by searching on the Taskbar or Start Menu search. You can get it by Right-Clicking on the Start Menu.
- Find Out Network Adaptors and you will find a list of your network drivers. You can check all of if it is updated or update the WLAN or WiFi Driver. Right Click on the Driver and click on Update Driver.
- Now close the Window and Restart the PC.
If you can update the driver successfully, you can surely reaccess the website.
- You need to update the browser for increasing the performance as well as solving the DNS Probe Finished No Internet error issues. For doing this, you have to check if your browser is up to date, if not it will start to download the update automatically. How?
- Just Go to Settings from the Browser right top corner.
- Now from the lest 3 dots, expand the menu and click on About Chrome.
- It will check the browser first if there has any available update. Then if it gets an update it will start to update automatically.
Surely, it will get the solution for no internet error.
Solution 5: Delete any Web Filtering or Monitoring Software
If you use any web filtering or monitoring software for controlling websites, you can get the error here. Maybe you do not know if you add the sites, but it can be. At the same time, it prevents sometimes some software. In this case, you can disable the software and check if you can visit the website. If yes! Then uninstall the software and browse your desired website simultaneously.
Solution 6: Clear DNS Host Cache
Sometimes DNS Host Cache can fail to load the website. In this case, you can clear the complete Host cache in your browser to push the process. With this in mind, clear DNS cache by going ‘chrome://net-internals/#dns’ here in the browser. Now click on Clear DNS Host Cache. Now Relaunch the Browser and check if the DNS host is working now.
Solution 7: Reinstall Google Chrome Browser
The last and final method is Reinstalling the browser on your PC. It will be the clean install. So here no chance of misconfigured settings, full cache, history or data. At the same time, you will get fast surfing experience. How will you do it?
- First, uninstall the existing Google Chrome Browser
- Now Download the latest browser from here.
- Install the downloaded .exe file right now.
Yes! The Error will be solved and you will get the issues anymore.
Need More Help?
Finally, I have finished fixing “DNS Probe Finished No Internet or DNS Probe Finished No Internet“ Error in your Google Chrome Browser. I have mentioned every possible way here.
If you get the article helpful, express your love by sharing it on your favorite social media. At the same time, if needs any further assistance, make the comment on the below section. All the best wishes.