“CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED” or “CRITICAL PROCESS DIED” Error in Windows 10 or 8 refers to system corruption that is described with 0x000000EF Error Code and also known as Blue Screen Error. When the operating can’t run properly or goes missing any files or system crash, it shows this type of error. In general, Windows creates the system where the only authorized application can access the data.
With this in mind, when it gets any issues where an unauthorized application is accessing the data and information of the system, it shows the error message Critical_Process_Died in the Windows 10 8/8.1 computer.
What is Critical_Process Died?
So, we can tell Critical Process Died means the error where the system prevents the accessing of data from any unauthorized application. At the same time, we can’t deny the situation of corrupted files or essential missing files on the system drive. To point out, the definition can be “The unauthorized access or corrupted files on the computer shows the error. ”
Why Critical Process Died Happens?
Now you may be eager to know why does Critical_Process_Died happen. Actually, the problem is mainly caused by the unauthorized application. But it can be for other reasons. For example.
- Compatibility issue: Compatibility happens when it gets any outdated Hardware or Driver. If you upgrade the system, you need to do it for all the driver too. Otherwise, it can shows somethings unnatural.
- Ram issue: If the memory of the system can’t work, then it makes the error on the system.
- Virus attack: Virus or Malware can corrupt any crucial files that’s why you can get the error.
- System files are corrupted or modified: If for any reasons the system files are corrupted or modified.
- The disk has bad sectors: When you are using the Hard Drive for a long time, then it can create some bad sectors which can cause the issues.
Moreover, you can solve the 0x000000EF error permanently, if you follow the below methods. In some cases, you can fix it by just Restarting.
Fix: “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED” Error in Windows 10 & 8:
Additionally, you can fix the error by following the below steps. Let’s do it practically for fixing the error code.
Solution 1: Restart the Computer in Safe Mode
Restarting/opening the computer is a problem when the Critical_Process_Died error occurs. For this reason, you can do it in the safe mode. Then it will now show the error anymore, and you can solve the issues. Another key point, as you are unable to Restart the computer easily when it shows the error. For doing the other fixes, you need to restart the computer and here Restarting in the safe mode can help you. It is straightforward ways.
- Restart the Computer normally.
- Then click on SHIFT + F8 to access boot options.
- You will find “Advanced Boot Options” and go here.
- Now click on Boot in the Safe Mode every time.
Important: You can also get the safe mode options by going through this process. Press SHIFT key+Restart The Computer>Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings>Restart. Go to step by step, and you will be able to Restart the computer in the safe mode.
Solution 2: Upgrade All the Drivers
The first and the most efficient solution for fixing the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error is upgrading the drivers. When you are upgrading the system, it needs to update the drivers too. With this in mind, you have access the computer in the safe mode and check all the drivers and update it one by one. You can do it by following the below steps.
- Open Device Manager first. For accessing it, right click on the Start Menu and click on Device Manager or by searching on the Taskbar search.
- Now you will get the full list of the drivers. Expand it and right click on the drivers and click on Update.
- Restart the PC when you complete updating the drivers.
Now shut down the PC manually, and you will get the error anymore. Hence, if it exists the error do the next methods.
Solution 3: Use SFC /SCANNOW
When you are getting the Critical Process Died error, the system can get corrupted files and other issues too. As you can not understand it manually. For this reason, if you do system Scan, it can find out the error or corrupted files. At the same time, it will fix the error when it gets the file on dllcache. Let’s see how can you fix the error.
- Open Command Prompt as Administrators first. You can do by searching on the Windows Taskbar search or Start Menu search with cmd or Command Prompt.
- Now type the below command and Hit Enter.
- Give time to check the files. When it completes checking 100%, then it will show the message, if there have any error. At the same time, it will provide you the right files from the system backup.
- Restart the PC now, and if the error has been solved, it will open the computer.
Surely, you will get the solution of CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.
Solution 4: Run DISM to Repair Corrupted System Image
DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) is a command line tool to fix Windows system image. When sfc /scannow is unable to fix the error, then it can solve the issues. It will check the system’s health as well as it will repair the corrupted files. Follow the below steps to do it.
- Open Command Prompt as Admin. (You can do it by searching on the Taskbar search or Start Menu search)
- Now write below command one by one to check the health and repairing it also.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Dism /Online /Cleanup /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth
- Restart the PC now.
If the error gets the solution, you can solve the issues.
Solution 5: Restore to the Previous Point
If you get the error even now, you can create restore point. It will give you back the full system as previous.
Solution 6: Uninstall the Latest Installed Software
In some cases, the latest installed software in your computer can cause the problem. For this reason, you can check by uninstalling the software. Most of the time, if it causes the error, you can get free from system died error.
Solution 7: Scan for Malware
Sometimes, Malware or other viruses can infect the system files. So, scanning the full system can solve the issues. With this in mind, use any anti-virus to scan the computer for deleting Malware or virus.
Solution 8: Reset or Reinstall Windows
When you are unable to fix the error anyhow, then this is the best way to get back the system in the previous position. In this case, you will not lose any personal files of you. It will reinstall the system C Drive, and you will get the solution. For doing this.
- Open Settings by searching on the Taskbar search or Start Menu search with Settings.
- Then go to Update and Security.
- Then click on Recovery and at last Reset this PC.
It will replace the system, and you will get the fresh computer. At the same time, you will not lose any files. Important to realize, if you want to delete the other files, you can do it also.
Need More Help?
Finally, I think you have got the solution of “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED” or “CRITICAL PROCESS DIED” Error in Windows 10 or 8/8.1 computer. At the same time, you can fix it anytime if you face the problem of 0x000000EF Error.
If you get the article helpful, express your love by sharing it on your favorite social media. At the same time, if you need any further assistance, comment on the below section. All the best wishes.