Are you getting the 0xc000007b Error Code in Windows 10, 8 or 7? It shows the message like this “The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the Application.” You get the message when you are going to run the application. For example, Fifa, GTA 5, Battlefield, Max Payne 3, Assassins Creed, Far Cry, Call of Duty and many other games and applications. As the programs are very popular, so the error code has become a subject of particular concern.
What does it mean by 0xc000007b Error Code?
In general, 0xc000007b Error code tells about INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT or misconfigured files. It refers to some corrupted application files or program. In most of the cases, it happens for Video Drivers including NVIDIA which is the Hexadecimal format (0xc000007b). The digit and code describe the technical information of the error to identify the error type.
Check out Also: 0xc0000142 Error
The Reasons for 0xc000007b Error?
There are some common reasons for 0xc000007b Error. For Example.
- When interrupted Installation of update on Windows occurs System Error
- When Shut down happen incorrectly
- If you RUN any program of 64 bit into the 32-bit Operating system and the 32-bit program into the 64-bit Operating system.
- If you delete any essential program from the System Folder or If malware or Virus insists on removing the files simultaneously
- If it shows any problem on Microsoft Visual C++, Direct X and .NET Framework program or installation files
- Problem of Video Drivers including NVIDIA
You can see the problem for the above reasons. Though you can get the problem for any other reasons. But the reasons are nearly same is missing any installation files or any corrupted program.
How to Fix Application Error 0xc000007b in Windows 10, 8 or 7?
Here, I have described some methods to Fix the permanently. If you can follow the steps, you will get the solution. Important to realize, skip the next level when you are getting the solution from the existing method. I always inspire to keep the backup of your system to do any technical troubleshooting.
Method 1: Reboot the Computer and Run a Full Scan
This is very simple, but effective. In 50% of Computer get the solution of 0xc000007b Error simply by scanning the PC and rebooting it. Use Windows Defender or other Anti-virus to scan the PC and check if there have any presence of Malware or Virus. If you get anything, then fix it and Restart the PC. Then RUN the desired Application.
In most of the cases, you can get the solution of 0xc000007b Error or “The application was unable to start correctly.”
Method 2: Run the application as administrator
Sometimes, in the default mode an application cannot be run, but if you access it by Administrator, then it can work. For running the application as Administrators, you need to follow the below simple steps.
- Right Click on the Application or Program
- Then select Run As Administrators.
In 10% of the cases, the program works very fine. Even it does not show 0xc000007b Error.
Method 3: Reinstall the Application
Sometimes, the fault stays in the Application. That means when you have installed the program, it misses some files. At the same time, it can be corrupted by any reasons including Malware or virus. On the other hand, you or the system can delete some files. Even the Anti-virus also delete files which are not trusted. With this in mind, the only solution is to reinstall the application. That the process is very simple.
- First, uninstall the Existing Application or program.
- Then, Install the same Application again.
You will get the solution of 0xc000007b Error and I have got success rate without doing anything else.
Method 4: Try to run application using the compatibility mode
In some cases, your system can’t suite the application for configuration or any other reasons. Here, if you run the program in the compatibility mode, you can free from 0xc000007b Error. Some games including Fifa, Far Cry, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty and similar ones need high configuration PC. For this reason, if you run the software in the compatibility mode, you can get the solution. How will you do it? Just follow the below steps.
- Firstly, Right-Click on the Application and Go to Properties.
- Now Click on Compatibility.
- Check the box (tick) Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Here, you can select the previous OS though it is not compatible with it.
- Now click Apply and Then OK.
You can get the solution if you open the application now. Though in some cases, the application may need Full Control Access. How can you do it?
- Open first Install Location of the Application. You can get it by Right Clicking on the Application and Click on “Open File Location.” You can also get it from C:\Program Files (x86)\[Apps Folder] this location.
- Now Right Click on the Application Folder and Go to Properties.
- Here go to Security Tab and Click on Change Permission and Edit.
- Check on Full Control and give Allow.
- Now click On Apply and OK.
Surely, it can run the Program without showing the 0xc000007b Error.
Method 5: Update NVIDIA video card drivers
If you can’t run the Application and shows the Error even now, I will suggest you update the Video Card Drivers. If you use NVIDIA or any other video card, then update it. You can do it free from the official website of the Video Card. The process is very simple.
- Just Go to the Manufacturer Website.
- Download the latest version of the Video Card Drivers.
- Install it on your PC and Restart the Computer.
Yes! It will not show the 0xc000007b Error anymore which application needs updated Video drivers.
Method 6: Check and Scan the System Files
It is very effective to fix the 0xc000007b Error in Windows 10, 8 or 7. You will check the system files by scanning and it will let you to automatic fix of any existing issues in the files or program. For doing this follow the below steps.
- First, Run Command Prompt as Administrators by types cmd on the Windows search or taskbar search.
- Now type the below code to check the system files.
- It will check the full system and you can fix some errors.
At the same time, you can the System Health from the below command also.
dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
For restoring the health do the below command.
- dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
It will ensure the health of the system as well as you will get instant solution. For this reason, if you get the 0xc000007b Error, it can solve.
Method 7: Download and Run (0xc000007b) Repair Tool
For fixing 0xc000007b Error, you will the 0xc000007b Error Repair Tool which is effective to solve the issues. The process is very simple, Download the 0xc000007b Error Repair Tool and press on the scan and repair the issues. So how will you solve it?
- First Download 0xc000007b Error Repair Tool from here.
- Then Install and Run it.
- Then Click on Scan.
- If it gets any Error, then troubleshoot it and Fix All.
Now restart the PC and surely, it will solve the issues of The Application was unable to start correctly.
Method 8: Reinstall Microsoft .NET framework
In some cases, The Application was unable to start correctly or 0xc000007b Error which needs the .net framework. If you are using a backdated .net framework or which is not supported by your PC, it needs to reinstall it. Though you cannot uninstall the .net framework in the manual ways in Windows 10 or 8. But if you force to uninstall it, you can do it.
- First Open Control Panel and Click on Uninstall A Program.
- Then you will find .net framework installed on your PC. Now select one by one and uninstall it.
- At this point, Download the .net framework from the Official Microsoft website and Install it.
Important: Always download the .net framework from the verified website such as Microsoft. Otherwise, you may get the software with Malware or Virus.
Surely, it will solve the issues of 0xc000007b Error. You can restart the PC and check what is happening.
Method 9: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package which is necessary to run the program with C++ programming language. As most the games or important to the application are built with C++ programming library, it can cause the 0xc000007b Error. For this reason, if you uninstall existing C++ Redistributable Packages and Reinstall it, you can solve the issues of 0xc000007b Error. How can you do it?
- First, Open Control Panel and go Uninstall A Program.
- Now check the C++ Redistributable Packages. Click on it and uninstall one by one With C++ extension.
- Now Download the C++ Redistributable Package again from the Microsoft Website.
- Then again Reinstall it.
Here, Restart the PC and check if the issues have been solved. Surely, you will get the solution.
Method 10: Update Windows
Sometimes, the older version of Windows can’t afford the latest version of games or application. For this reason, if you update the Operating system, it will install the drivers, .net framework, DirectX or C++ Redistributable Package in the latest version. With this in mind, you can get the solution to run any updated software, program, application or games. Surprisingly, it will solve 0xc000007b Error too.
Method 11: Run check disk
You can get the 0xc000007b Error for hardware issues. At the same time, you can get it for your Hard Drive. So, checking DISK is safe for solving the error code. It is so simple.
- Open Command Prompt As Administrators first.
- Now type “chkdsk c: /f /r“ for checking the disk issues. Here C is the Drive name. If you want to check another drive too, you can change the letter only. It will check and you will get the issues from here.
- Now restart the PC and check the problem is solved.
Yes! We are at the finishing point now. I think you have solved the issues of 0xc000007b Error. It is very important to solve the issues.
Need More Help?
Finally, I am at the finishing point. I have described all the method of solving 0xc000007b Error or The Application was unable to start correctly. If you follow the above methods, you will get the solution.
At the same time, if you think you need more help, you can ask from the comment section. On the other hand, if you think the article is helpful, express your love by sharing it. All the best wishes.