Do you know how to enable or turn on, disable or turn off the Windows Firewall for controlling the internet access in your computer? To clarify, Windows Firewall is the security wall which works to prevent internet access as well as providing the access. That means you can select or control if your system should access the internet or not for several websites.
For this reason, it works to keep your computer safe from unwanted traffic or websites. If you don’t want to give permission for software to track the record on your computer, then you can turn off or disable the access from your computer. At the same time, you turn on or enable the access if you think they are safe for you.
What is Firewall and why it is important?
In general, Firewall is a protection for keeping safe of your computer from the unwanted source. By default, Windows provides the service of Windows Firewall. On the other hand, you will find some other third-party software to control the firewall settings. At the same time, most of the anti-virus offer Windows Firewall options to keep your PC safe. Important to realize, when you will use any third party software or anti-virus, Windows Defender Firewall will not work. Though I feel more comfortable when I use the Firewall of Windows.
So, why using Firewall is Important?
Significantly, Firewall controls the flows of data from one computer to another. You will see to use it on the LAN (Local Area Network). It is the combination of software and hardware to save and control the internet access. When you are browsing any website, Firewall makes a security wall among your computer and desired website. If Firewall gets the website risk free, then it gives the permission to access it.
Otherwise, you can’t visit the website. In this case, you can tell the Firewall as a guard in your computer which helps to make the connection between your computer to remote computer but helps to check any unhealthy behavior. I think you have realized the importance of Firewall already.
How to enable or disable the Microsoft Windows Firewall?
Most of the cases, we are afraid to work with the Firewall. Even some of us think to stay away from Firewall. In particular, we do not know about it. For this reason, we miss a lot of task of Windows Firewall protection. When you can control the access of a certain website from the Firewall, we use third-party software to do this which is not safe all the time. With this in mind, I will show you how can you control Firewall from your PC.
Enable or Disable or Turn On/Off Windows Firewall?
If you want to disable any website not to access your computer, then you can turn off firewall from your computer. For this reason, you need to disable Windows Firewall. How will you do it?
- Open RUN first by pressing Windows Key + R.
- Then type the Firewall.cpl to open Windows Defender Firewall settings.
Important: You can go to Firewall Settings from Control Panel, Windows Taskbar Search also.
- If you do not want to disable the complete Firewall options, then you can turn off specific website also. For doing this, you need to click on the left sidebar “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.”
- Now it will bring a new page and here you can control the access of Windows Firewall. If you remove the tick from the website list, it will not anymore access to your browser. You can’t visit it.
- For turning off access, you have to click on “Change Settings” and now you can edit from the left side to disable or remove the tick mark. If you think your desired software or apps or program is not listed, then you can go Allow another app.
- Then again, if you want to turn on or off Completely the Windows Firewall, you need click from the main page of Windows Firewall (firewall.cpl) and click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Here, you will get the options for enabling or disabling the Windows Firewall from your computer. Just click Turn On if you want to enable and Turn Off for disabling Microsoft Windows Firewall.
Need More Help?
Finally, you have learned about What Firewall and the importance of Firewall on your Computer. At the same time, the types of different kinds of Firewall. On the other hand, you have to get the tutorial to Enable/Disable or Turning On/Turning Off the Windows Firewall on your computer.
At last, if you get the article helpful, express your love by sharing it on your favorite social media and if you need any further assistance regarding Windows Firewall settings, you can make the comment to get the answer at once. All the best wishes.