“Driver Power State Failure” which is shown with 0x0000009F error code is an issue related to drivers in Windows 10, 8/8.1 and 7. It is the error encountered with the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). If you get any incompatible driver in any software on your device then it shows DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. You can solve the problem by simply restarting the PC.
Though Driver Power State Failure may not be solved by Restarting only, you may need to open the PC in the Safe Mode. On the other hand, if you still not get the solution, you will need to uninstall the corrupted driver or update it manually. When you will face the problem for a long time, you can lose the data if you do not repair it quickly.
For this reason, I have discussed here the step by step guideline for solving Driver Power State Failure with the 0x0000009F error code. Let’s check and get the solution.
What Is the Driver Power State Failure Error?
In general, The Error indicates the issue on the driver on your computer. Simply, you will get it when you are getting the driver problem. For this reason, if you can find the drivers which are causing the problem, you can solve the issues. With this in mind, I will show all aspects of fixing the issues in Windows 10, 8 or 7.
See More: Fix MsMpEng.exe High CPU Usage in Windows 10, 8 or 7
Fix Driver Power State Failure or 0x0000009F error:
When you are getting the Driver Power State Failure or Blue Screen of death in Windows 10, 8 or 7 Computer, you may be scary, but is the hope that you can fix it permanently. For this reason, you need to follow the below methods.
Quick Guide 1: Reboot The Computer
It is the first step of getting the solution from the Driver Power State Failure. In 25% of the cases, when you will reboot or restart the computer and it will run again without any error code and it will now show any blue screen anymore. When the blue screen will appear, you can easily get the options of Restarting the PC.
Quick Guide 2: Removing and Re-installing Driver in Safe Mood
If you can’t open the computer in the regular ways, you need to open the computer in the safe mode. For running the PC in the safe mode, you need to do the below steps.
- First Open RUN by typing run on the windows taskbar search in Windows 10 or Press Windows Key + R.
- Now type “msconfig” to open the System Configuration.
- Then click on Boot and see the Safe Boot options here.
- Additionally, click on OK and Restart the Computer.
Important: If you want to boot the computer in the Normal Mode Again, you need to change the setting and uncheck the Safe Boot.
Another key point, if the PC is not in a condition to start in the Safe Boot, then you need to enable the F8 menu options first. If you want to do that check it for enabling Safe Boot in Windows 10, 8/8.1.
Solution 1: Keep The Drivers Updated
When you will see the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE that means the problem is possibly in the drivers. For this reason, if you check the corrupted or missing drivers and update it you can solve the issues. For this reason, the primary task is to keep the drivers updated.
How will you do it? Follow the below steps.
- Go to Device Manager first by searching on the Taskbar search.
- You will get the full list of installed drivers on your PC.
- Now check if there are any drivers with Yellow Color or corrupted color. Navigate all the menus and check carefully.
- If you get anyone, right click on it and Update the Driver by clicking on Update Driver.
- It will open a new window to ensure if you want to update the driver from your computer or you want to check it also on the internet for updated drivers. See the below images and click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software“
- When it will complete installing the driver, then go for next and do the same thing (Check and update the corrupted or missing driver)
- Restart the PC and see Driver Power State Failure is solved.
Important: If you see computing is showing there has no updated software on your PC or Internet, then check the drivers manually from the manufacturer website and update it in your computer.
Solution 2: Update Display Adapter’s drivers
If you see the problem when completing the update of the Windows, then Display Adapter’s driver may not work accurately. In this case, you need to install the latest version of drivers. To clarify, you can uninstall the display/graphics card driver and then install the updated version of the driver. How will it work?
- First, go to Control Panel by searching on the Windows Taskbar search.
- Then click on Programs.
- Now see the Graphics Card Driver here. Uninstall it.
- After completing the uninstallation Restart the Computer.
- Now Download the latest Graphics Card Driver from your Manufacturer website and install it again.
- Restart the PC again. Now see the Driver Power State Failure has gone.
Important: If you are using Graphics Card from NVidia or AMD, you can try by alternating them. That means, if you install before NVidia, now install AMD Driver. At the same time, you can install the latest version of the existing Display driver.
Solution 3: Change Power Management settings (Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Adapter)
Another best troubleshoot for solving Driver Power State Failure is changing Power Management Setting to Maximum Performance for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Adaptor. This Adaptor needs Maximum Performance when they can be outdated or corrupted. With this in mind, let’s change the Power Management Settings.
- First Open Control Panel by searching on the Windows Taskbar search or Windows Search.
- Now Go to Power Options. For going the Power Options from here change the View by: Small Icons.
- Then click on Change to Plan Settings.
- Now change Advanced Power Settings.
- Then again go to Wireless Adaptor Settings and change the Power Saving Mode to Maximum Performance.
- Now Click on OK.
Restart the Computer now and see what happens. Surely, you will get changes and Driver Problem will be solved.
Solution 4: Prevent Devices to Sleep when unused
To save yourself from Driver Power State Failure or until fixing it, prevent devices to sleep when you are not using it. For doing this follow the below steps.
- Go to Device Manager first by searching on the Windows Taskbar search or Windows Start Menu.
- Now click on Network Adaptors.
- Then Right Click on Network Adaptors and go to Properties.
- Now uncheck “Allow The Computer To Turn Off This Device To Save Power” from Power Management.
- If you have the Bluetooth Adaptor, do the same above task on it.
- Now click on OK and Restart the PC.
Hope the problem of Driver Power Failure will be solved in Windows 10, 8/8.1 or 7 PC.
Solution 5: Uninstall your Antivirus
Sometimes, antivirus on your PC disrupted the outdated driver to function. For this reason, if you check the issues by uninstalling the Antivirus or Security Essentials on your PC, you may get the solution. With this in mind, it is not mandatory, but sometimes it helps to get the solution from fixing.
Solution 6: Install an older driver for your Display Adapter
The last method to solve the Driver Power Failure on your Windows PC. In some cases, updated Driver causes the problem to match with the existing OS. For this reason, it shows the problem. In this case, you can download the previous or later version of Graphics Driver from the manufacturer website. Then uninstall the installed driver and then Reinstall the downloaded driver. If you think you are not using the latest version of OS, then it works in most of the cases. For this reason, I will tell to have a try with this method.
Important: You will get the previous or later version of Graphics Driver on the Manufacturer Website.
Need More Help?
Finally, I have finished fixing the Driver Power Failure or 0x0000009F error code in Windows 10, 8/8.1 or 7 PC. If you follow the above method, surely you can do it also.
After all, if you have any question or facing problem to do any method, share us from the comment section. At the same time, if you get the article helpful, express your love by sharing it on your favorite social media. All the best wishes.