Whenever you download anything by using Google Chrome, it will save the files in the default download folder in your admin account. Sometimes if you want to save the files in another folder, you need to move the data. But what it would be if you can change Download location in Google Chrome. That means it will save to your desired location or it will ask whenever downloading anything.
Yes! You can do it. You can easily change the location of Download folder for chrome. It will work on your Windows 10, 8/8.1 or Windows 7 and even on the Android Phone. This is very simple tricks, but it can surely save a lot of times and works. With this in mind, you will learn in this tutorial about How to change Download Location in Chrome. Are you ready to get the tutorial? Let’s start to learn.
Changing Download Location in Chrome:
When you want to make a custom default download location, you can do it. Every time you will download any files including videos, movies, images or others files in Google Chrome, it will save on that location. At the same time, you can also choose the options of asking whenever you are downloading anything. Anyway, both options are good. When you need to save documents into multiple locations, then you can choose Ask Everytime. Let’s see how you can do it.
1) First, click on the 3 dot line (small wrench icon) from the right side of the chrome bar. (In the oldest versions, the sign looks like 3 horizontal line, so if you are using the earliest version, understand the area from the screenshot) It is also known as the setting area of Google Chrome. You can even type chrome://settings/ to get the setting page in the shortcut.
2) Now scroll down and go down until reaching the Advanced Settings Options.
3) Again Scroll Down and get the Download Options. Here You will see the location setting. That means you can change the download location in Chrome from here.
4) See the above Screenshot. From No. (1) you can change the location. Just click change, and it will open a new window, select the desired folder or drive to save the download. At the same time, you can Make New Folder under a drive to keep the Downloading files from Google Chrome.
From No. (2) point, you will get the options to save by asking every time with the text “Ask where to save each file before downloading,” If you want to save the file by asking then enabled it, otherwise keep it disabled as default.
5) You have changed the download location of Chrome successfully in the updated version.
Note: If you use the oldest version of Chrome, the function is same, just you may see some changes in the Icon or name. You will realize the method easily if you see the screenshot.
Check out also: How to change the download location in Windows 10
Editors Note From TechyPi:
Finally, I think you have learned how to change the location or activate asking every time when downloading from Google Chrome successfully. On the other hand, I will inspire to see the screenshot to understand the steps clearly.
In fact, if you get any problem with the newest or oldest versions of Google Chrome, you can ask us further to take the updated resources. Surely, if you get the article helpful, share it on your favorite social media. All the best wishes.